Our care service goals:
- Ensuring communication is both timely and consistent to our service users
- Ensuring the service is appropriate to each individual service user
- Ensuring staff receive appropriate training on diversity issues
- Ensuring procedures are in place which clearly state the company’s position in relation to equality and diversity issues
Our care planning process will identify and acknowledge individual service user backgrounds and beliefs. Initial care plans produced by our Review and Assessment Team will identify any specific needs of a service user related to their age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
We believe the following values and principles are fundamental to the delivery of our support services:
Why choose MCJA as your homecare provider?
Established in 2001, MCJA’s sole focus has been services for older people in their own homes. We aim to meet your needs in a person-centered way by:
- Reflecting your personal needs
- Caring for you as a whole person
- Improving your quality of life
- Providing good value for money
We are committed to supporting vulnerable adults so they can continue, or begin, to live in their own home and be participating members of their own community.
We have many years’ experience in social care and supporting people at home, and our team of highly-professional staff pride ourselves on offering a high quality care and support service, for all people who use our service.
Dignity and independence
Our services will be aimed at enhancing the quality of people’s lives, so that they can live as independently as possible, with as little intervention as possible.
Equality and rights
Services will be sensitive to the needs and wishes of individual service users, and will take into account a person’s disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, culture, race, language or religion. MCJA are committed to actively supporting equal opportunities for our care team, clients and for all.